When it comes to fire safety, there are no shortcuts to doing the job properly. The design, specification and installation of fire safety systems are not straightforward processes. Attention to detail and quality checks are critical. With regard to any existing buildings undergoing alterations subject to building consent approval, owners should be cognisant of the fact that councils are now looking very hard at their obligation to ensure remediated buildings comply with the requirements of the Building Act and Building Code.
Fire Engineering – how we can help
Prendos’ fire engineers provide clients with significant benefit when optimising building performance through established fire engineering principles, complying with current New Zealand standards and legislative requirements. Assessments of existing buildings are also carried out for a range of measures of compliance with New Zealand Building Code Acceptable Solutions.
- Preparation of fire safety engineering for new or altered commercial, residential, educational, government and public body, health and industrial buildings.
- Provide performance based fire safety designs based on acceptable solutions and alternative solutions.
- Conducting fire safety compliance assessments.
- Fire Modelling to verify compliance.
- Preparation of fire reports, specifications and fire drawings. Construction monitoring.
- Regulatory fire peer review services for other engineer’s fire safety designs as part of Council’s producer statement requirements.
- Heritage fire design.
- Expert witness.
- Provide advice on fire safety.
- Pre-purchase advice.
- Auckland Sky Tower
- Auckland Civic Theatre
- Auckland Airport – Domestic and International Terminals, Queens Wharf
- University of Auckland Clock Tower
- New World Supermarket, New Lynn
- Mt Eden Prison
- Ministry of Education – Schools Safety Upgrade Program News Hub
- Ohakea Air Base
- Middlemore Hospital
- Rangipo Power Station
- Telecom Satellite Stations
Our fire engineers service Auckland, Christchurch, Dunedin, Wellington and the rest of NZ. If you would like to know more about our fire engineering services please contact us or fill in the form below and we will get back to you soon.